Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Evil Hangover

Have you ever gotten up the next day after a heavy night of drinking wishing you could just chop your head off while the rest of your body recovers? It has happened to me a lot and every time it does, I tell myself that I should have more self-control. Of course this rarely happens. I guess my friends and I are just thick-headed buffoons who never learn our lesson.

Photo from Guzer.com

Over the years, I've tried several hangover "cures" to alleviate the pain and suffering. Are they effective? A few are, although, it may just all be psychological. I've listed them below so you may try them yourself.

Hangover cures some friends and I have tried:
  1. Drinking a bottle of Gatorade.
  2. Taking 1000-1500 mg of Vitamin C before going to bed or Berocca which is a mineral supplement.
  3. Switching between a cold and hot shower.
  4. Alka Seltzer
  5. Drinking lots of water before doing some sort of exercise that'll make you sweat a lot.
  6. Plenty of fruit juices.
  7. Hair of the Dog--drinking the last thing you drank the previous night. The idea is, adding more alcohol makes your body stop and concentrate on the new alcohol coming in so you get a brief reprieve. As soon as the new alcohol is processed, you're back to where you started though. Maybe even worse.
Let me know if they work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment