Photo from Guzer.com
Over the years, I've tried several hangover "cures" to alleviate the pain and suffering. Are they effective? A few are, although, it may just all be psychological. I've listed them below so you may try them yourself.
Hangover cures some friends and I have tried:
- Drinking a bottle of Gatorade.
- Taking 1000-1500 mg of Vitamin C before going to bed or Berocca which is a mineral supplement.
- Switching between a cold and hot shower.
- Alka Seltzer
- Drinking lots of water before doing some sort of exercise that'll make you sweat a lot.
- Plenty of fruit juices.
- Hair of the Dog--drinking the last thing you drank the previous night. The idea is, adding more alcohol makes your body stop and concentrate on the new alcohol coming in so you get a brief reprieve. As soon as the new alcohol is processed, you're back to where you started though. Maybe even worse.
Let me know if they work for you.