It is a bit frustrating to be stuck in the Metro during a long weekend while most of the people you know are having a grand time at the beach. To save myself from boredom next time there's a long weekend and I'm still not able to go anywhere, I've prepared a list of things to do for a more productive time at home.
- Clean your closet -- Get rid of those old clothes that do not fit you anymore. Or those clothes that you bought two seasons ago that you have never worn. Sell these clothes or give them to charity.
- Spring cleaning -- This is perfect for those yuppies or professionals who live by themselves and are too busy to clean on a regular week. You'd be surprised how much dirt accumulates beneath your bed or your couch.
- Grab a good book -- Now is the time to start reading a book you've always wanted to read or finish a book that you've started weeks or months ago.
- Call old friends -- Catch up with your college buds or friends outside of work whom you rarely see. This is the perfect time to update each other about what's going on in your lives.
- Cook -- Grab a cookbook or get a recipe online and learn to cook some dishes. Show off what you've learned by hosting a party for friends or by surprising your significant other with a home-cooked meal.
Let me know if you have other suggestions for a more productive long weekend in the city.