Friday, September 10, 2010

Simple Beef Taco Recipe

"Stop, Taco time! Dun dun dun dun..." (to the tune of MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This")


Photo of Homemade Beef Taco
My homemade taco! 
I've been craving tacos for the longest time. Instead of paying $2 for one small taco at Pancake House, I decided to make some at home. The online recipes I found were not simple enough so I came up with my version.
This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. 


Ingredients:
1/2 kilo ground beef 
2 tsps. oil
1 pack McCormick's taco seasoning (follow instructions on pack)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 small head of lettuce, shredded 
shredded/grated cheese (depends how much you want)
salt and pepper to taste
1 pack taco shells


Heat oil in medium-sized sauce pan. Add the ground beef and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 5-7 minutes and make sure the beef is completely combined with the seasoning. Drain to get rid of any excess water. 


Scoop meat mixture into taco shell and top with lettuce, onions, tomatoes and cheese. Really easy, right?


If you decide to follow this recipe, let me know if you like it. Or, if you have a better taco recipe that I can try myself,  feel free to send me the link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment