Friday, March 11, 2011

A Night of Music..and Drama

Next to Normal Poster
Photo from Atlantis Productions' Site
Watched the preview of Atlantis Production's "Next to Normal" last night at the RCBC theater.  I found it okay considering that I'm not really into musicals. The actors' singing and overall performances were much better compared to another production company's shows that I've seen recently. The story, well, there were funny parts during the first half, however, the second half was way too gloomy for me. A lot of drama and crying. That's just my opinion though. To each his own, right? What I found amazing was how the lead actress was able to sing while crying. Holding back all that snot while singing is no mean feat I think.

Anyway, for those who don't know what the story is about, here is an excerpt from Next to Normal's Wikipedia page:

"Its story concerns a mother who struggles with worsening bipolar disorder and the effect that her illness has on her family. The musical also addresses such issues as grieving a loss, suicidedrug abuse, ethics in modern psychiatry, and suburban life." 

You may catch the show at the Carlos Romulo Auditorium on the 4th floor of the RCBC plaza building in Makati from March 11-27, 2010. For schedule and ticket info, visit the site of Atlantis Productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment